Header Ads

Triple Filter Test

triple-filter-test

In this world we certainly often get a confusing information. In the sense of information about the same subject but with different information content. Not infrequently also the information aims to attack someone personally to drop it, in other words is slander. Thus it is very important for us to filter the truth of the information. Because if all the information is swallowed up raw then of course we will be very easy to become victims of HOAX!

In ancient Greece, Socrates was known as a great philosopher who had high knowledge and was very respectable. He is also known as a very wise person. And he has a very powerful way to determine the truth of an information.

The story, one day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, "Do you know what I heard about your friend?"

"Wait a few minutes," Socrates answered. "Before you tell me anything, I will give you a simple test. This is called the Triple Filter Test."

"Triple filter Test?"

"Right," Socrates said. "Before we talk about my friends, I think it's good if we take a few moments and filter what you are going to say. That is why I call it the triple filter test."

The first filter is TRUTH. "Are you absolutely sure that what you will say to me is true?"

"No," said the man, "I actually only heard about it."


"Good," Socrates said. "So you are not sure if that is true. Alright now I give the second filter, GOODNESS filter. Is what you will say about my friend something good?"

"No, on the contrary ..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you will talk about something bad about him, but you are not sure if it is true. You still have one more chance because there is one more filter, that is USEFULNESS filter. What will you say to me about my friend it's useful for me? " 

"No, not at all."

"So," Socrates concluded, "if you want to say something that is not necessarily true, bad and even useless, why should you say it to me?"

Seeing Socrates' way of addressing this information, it is true that he is known as a very wise person. In the context of religion, it is not permissible to talk about the ugliness of others, even if it is true. And especially if talking about the ugliness of other people is not true. So we are encouraged to always consider the principles of Benefits and Wisdom before saying something. May be useful.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.